Not Noticing Some of the MotivAider's Signals?
"I don't always notice when the MotivAider vibrates. What should I do?"
The MotivAider is designed to capture your attention without being disruptive or negatively intrusive. It's therefore perfectly normal to fail to notice some of the MotivAider's signals.
It's important to recognize that you can achieve excellent results without being consciously aware of receiving every single signal that the MotivAider sends. Users often respond favorably to signals without even being aware of them. So, failing to notice signals is only a problem if you're not achieving the desired results.
So what can you do if you're not noticing signals and you're not getting good results?
The first thing to do is use the MotivAider's advanced customization features to maximize the signal's ability to capture your attention. If you're not familiar with how to change advanced settings, you can get instructions here or just give us a call at 1-800-356-1506 (218-681-6033), and we'd be glad to help.
When making any of the following adjustments, it's best to change one thing at a time and see whether the adjustment has the desired effect. If it doesn't, undo that particular adjustment and try something else.
- First try changing the strength of the vibration. Although increasing the strength of the signal makes logical sense, some users may actually respond more favorably to a reduction in vibration strength, so don't overlook that possibility if increasing the intensity doesn't help.
- The next thing to try is increasing how long each signal lasts. By default, the MotivAider's pulsing vibration signal lasts 2 seconds. However, you can increase the duration of the signal to 3 or 4 seconds. For some users, increasing the duration of the signal will help more than changing the intensity of the signal.
- If making adjustments in the physical characteristics of the vibration signal fails to improve results, there are several other things you can try.
Try changing the way you carry or wear the MotivAider. For example, if you've been carrying the MotivAider in your pocket, try it on your waistband, or vice versa.
- Try sending signals less frequently for a while.
- Try taking a break. Don't use the MotivAider for a few days.
- Try changing the message you assign to the vibration to give the message more punch.